Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 6 - Best Week So Far

11:17 AM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, this week was a blur and it was so hectic, but it by far was the best week that I have had on mission yet. As far as actual teaching went, we didn't have that many lessons, but the ones that we did have were quality. Quantity vs quality (I personally prefer quality). It has been fun to get to associate with some of the people here in Milnerton. We have been using only one or two people to go out and teach with us. We want to be using more, but people aren't that willing to go with us. Hopefully that will change soon.

One of the things that we have been doing is visiting the old folks home because we have two less active members there, and in the course of visiting them, we are starting to visit other people that live there as well.

In other news, I had my first word of wisdom lesson and I was not sure how that was going to be received by them. It went way good, I was even impressed at how willing they are to wanting to live the word of wisdom. They smoke, drink alcohol and coffee, and they want to change. I think that kind of wanting to change is awesome!

In teaching one of our other investigators, we have found out by a round a bout means that he is actually a pastor for a local church. It was kinda funny when Elder Sw. and I realized that, but we are going to continue teaching him, and hopefully he will come to church soon.

Other than that, this week has been busy and good, but also full of disappointment. Many of our lessons fell through without offering a reason for that. But I guess, I'll take what I can get. Our other lessons that held were amazing and uplifting, and the Spirit was definitely there as we taught. Also, I loved being able to skype home and to see everybody, the only thing that I have to say to that to maybe make it work better next time is, It was working, leave it alone and let it work. But it was good in any case and I enjoyed talking to the family.

Take care and I'll talk to you all later

PS, sorry for no pictures this week. I've found out that I'm not really a photographer that likes to document everything. Anyways, love you all.

(But we snagged a screenshot from his Mother's Day Skype call, so there is a picture anyway!  It was great to see his grin and see that he is happy and doing well.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment