Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week 7 - Ankle Injury

2:14 PM Posted by Janette , , No comments
Well, here comes the garbage can and crap associated with that. I'm kinda in a Oscar the Grouch kinda mood this whole week. It sucks. It sucks because I had to go to the hospital. So this means that it is story time. Three Saturdays ago, I was playing basketball with the other elders. We had the zone leaders and the AP's there as well as our entire district. I went in for a drive, got the point, and then came down on top of one of the AP's foot. Right then there was the loudest pop that I have ever heard come out of my ankle, and it felt like I had just sprained it. It hurt and I thought 'I'll just work through it like any other sprain/ankle roll.' That being said, I got a brace for it and was using that through the week.

The following Saturday, we had a lesson with some investigators at night time and it went well, and then I rolled it again on some of the uneven gravel, stepping from the sidewalk onto that. That following Tuesday, last Tuesday, I went in and saw the doctor and they said that I have to stay off of it until this Friday. They gave me some drugs to help with pain and the inflammation, but they haven't been doing anything, like usual. So my week has been really uneventful, other than we had some training with President Wood on Monday night and then had my first exchange on Saturday with Elder Wells. Long story short Elder Wells is awesome.

So in apology, I didn't take any pictures this week because I've been stuck in the flat with really nothing to do than to read my scriptures, read conference talks, and sleep. :/ It really has been the worst week I've had out here so far.

Anyways, enough about me. Send my regards to Bishop P. and say Hi to him for me.

In response to your questions mom, yes, teaching is going well. Discouragement is definitely something that we have to deal with on a daily basis as missionaries. As far as negative reactions to the missionaries go, the worst we have had is people saying no. Most of the work that we are doing right now is member referrals and less active work. We have kept busy enough with that, that we haven't needed to go tracting yet. People here are receptive to the Christian parts of our message but we lose a lot of them at the Book of Mormon. So I would say they are mostly receptive. And thanks for the picture, I'm sure that will serve me well somewhere down the road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment