Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 13 - The Planes!

6:46 PM Posted by Janette , No comments
Well, here we are once again. Seems like this happens on a regular basis. This week was good, it felt like we did nothing, but it has been the busiest week that I have had so far. We had the most lessons of any week that we have had. We also found several new investigators to teach, so that was good, and I enjoyed that. So the week was crazy and we still had time to do some tracting, lots of it. Nothing will beat a good day of tracting. Saturday was my highlight for the week. Ten hours of straight lessons! That was an awesome day! So much done and the spirit was so strong in some of the lessons.

I have also had some fun because we have an air force base right next to us, and we are right at the end of the runway. They have been very active this week and there have been so many planes that have been taking off. We moved our studies outside just so that we could watch them take off. That was fun. They were using WWII planes at the beginning of the week, and then I got really excited when they started using C130s halfway through the week, just like the ones that I used to jump from. So that was my exciting thing for the week.

(generic picture of a C-130 from Wikipedia)

As far as the food, it is pretty normal. Some of the weirdest stuff that I have eaten has come from the townships and I didn't even bother to ask what it was, I just ate it (sometimes chocked it down) and then moved on with the lesson. But townships are the best. I love working in them.

Take care, Love you all. It is good to hear how everybody is doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment