Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 17 - Burnt Toast

2:09 PM Posted by Janette , No comments
Well, here goes for this week. This week has been awesome and fun. I have really enjoyed the opportunity that I have had to be out here. I guess that it doesn’t help that my companion and I have had an awesome time. We have been so busy teaching and visiting people that our days have been pretty busy. In other news, our toaster is broken, so it doesn’t automatically pop up when it is done. We have burnt a lot of toast this week because of that. I guess that we would learn about that and adjust, but we haven’t.

This past pday, we went and had a lazy day. We went to sportsman warehouse and got a frisbee. I really enjoy getting the opportunity to run around and get some exercise. And having something to play with only makes it that much more fun. All I have to say is that I really enjoy my companion. We aren’t doing as much as we were, but we are doing a bunch and the work is moving along smoothly although slowly. This week we have been doing a lot of service in the mornings because all of our lessons are in the evening. We have been doing a lot of garden work and cleaning up weeds. I have actually found a lot of peace and solace in cleaning up some of the gardens. Also this week. I went on exchanges with Elder Ingram, even though it wasn’t a normal exchange. In a normal exchange, the companionship will trade companions, but since he was in a tripanionship, he was just able to come and join us for our day. That was fun and way insightful. He is going home soon, so it was cool to get the chance to hear some of his insight about mission.

Yes, Cape Town and port Elizabeth are quite far. It was about a 2hr flight to get here. I also recently found out that sactm is one of the only missions that has been authorized it do transfers by plane.

I love being on mission. It is the best thing that I think that I have ever done in my life. I have learnt so much and have grown in so manny different ways. It has made me a better person already, and it will continue to make me a better person still.

0 comments:

Post a Comment