Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 21 - Training to be a Trainer

2:28 PM Posted by Janette , No comments
Well, here I am this time, with a little bit longer of an email. This week has been crazy. Last Saturday, we had our helping hands project. It was at a primary school in the Walmer Township. We were cleaning up and tidying up the area, and it was a lot of fun! Since I am the driver, Elder Malpage was taking care of the phone, and he totally left it at the boarding. While we were at the service project, one of the other elders asked us if we had received a call from President. We responded that we hadn't, and then wondered where the phone was. That is when we realized that we had left it at the flat. Needless to say, we were kind of nervous when we were on our way home.


Once back, we saw that we had 11 missed calls from President, President's wife, and the AP's. We were kind of sheepish to call, but we did. (I made Elder Malpage call cuz he forgot the phone.) That is when President extended the call for Elder Malpage to be a Zone Leader in East London, and that is also when I got the call to be a district leader and a trainer. I was absolutely shocked. I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know what to say. And I definitely didn't know what I was going to do. However, both Elder Malpage and I accepted our new callings and we both kind of were in shock for the rest of the day. Two super young missionaries getting called to leadership, and it was a little bit out of the ordinary. Cool, but sad because we had to say goodbye.


On Monday morning, I went back to Cape Town for some training on how to be a trainer. It was way nice and the spirit was there as we discussed how we could be better missionaries, and examples to our new companions.


Tuesday, we were banished from the mission home while the new elders arrived from the MTC, so that was fun to be back in the field in Cape Town. I got to see the France's and Peterson's for a little, and it was fun to be back and talking with them.


Wednesday morning came around and we all went to the mission home to see our new companions. Nate, I didn't see Elder Branch because his flight got in just before we left, but he has an awesome companion. You will have to find out who it was that knew me in your branch. That would be awesome to find out.

Anyways, I met my new companion, Elder Heaton. He is from Toquerville, Ut, so that was kind of nice to have another Utahan as a companion. He broke the record, because up till now, I've had South African Companions. So far, so good. He is so ready to be on mission, and had a similar experiance in the MTC. He said it felt like jail. It really does feel like jail. I remember while I was there and it just dragged on and on.
The work of the Lord moves on and on with ever increasing speed, and I have the wonderful opportunity to be right in the middle of it!



I love you all, and till next week

0 comments:

Post a Comment