Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 23 - PMG Challenge

11:28 AM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, this week has flown by. In fact, five months has flown by so flipping fast. I can't believe that I am almost 1/4 of the way done with my mission. At the end of the transfer, Oct 1st, is when I hit that mark, I'm going to have do do something to celebrate it, and it will have to be epic.

This week has been up and down. It seems that in this area, you get a day or two that are just busy, and then most of your other days are slow. Even though we have appointments every day, it seems that we aren't doing that much. And for some reason, it seems like everybody has funerals that they go to, and it happens about once a transfer. One week, almost everybody will be gone for different funerals and we will hardly get to see anybody. The family here, in SA is so awesome! The emphasis that comes from them about their ancestors and cousins and extended family is just truly amazing. That and the people are just so close. Makes me want to carry that home with me. When we teach people about the family and the plan of salvation, which says that families can be together forever, people get really interested because it is something that they really want for their own family. Then we start teaching about the temples and the things that go on there, and then they get really excited about the fact that they can be with their ancestors for forever. I love what I do and how I see it bless people's lives.

Oh, and I had a realization the other day. Nate and I are doing the training process at the same time, covering the same stuff. The only difference is that I'm the trainer and Nate's the trainee. I could have trained Nate if he would have come to South Africa. That's my little aha moment for the week.

Another thing that I started this week was a challenge that is found in Preach My Gospel (PMG) that says that we should try to read the scriptures, a fresh set, and highlight any references to God, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, etc.. It has been absolutely amazing to see just how much the scriptures really talk about Jesus Christ. And I'm doing it in 90 days too. It really isn't that hard. Six pages per day, 90 days, two transfers, and Lindt chocolate on the end of it.

I love the gospel and what it has done for me and what it is shaping me to become. I'm thankful for the gospel and for the truth and happiness that it really has!

Till next week

0 comments:

Post a Comment