Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 27 - 90 Day Book of Mormon Challenge

12:41 PM Posted by Janette No comments
AHH!! I can't believe that it's October already! Time has flown way super fast!!! Six months is like nothing!! And to top things off, this week has flown by so quickly
.
Conference was my highlight for this week! It was so awesome. I love hearing from the prophets and learning at their feet. They are so knowledgeable, and wise. It is kinda hard to watch here because all of the sessions are out of order, and I still haven't seen the Sunday PM session yet (we will see it later tonight), but it is still an amazing time! I love the gospel and I love the chance that I have to continually learn more and more. I can't wait to get the printed version and reread it again and again. Our bishop commented that he didn't think that it was a coincidence that conference was held on fast weekends. It was different to fast and to watch conference in that spirit.

In other news, transfers came and went. Nothing much happened in our zone. One missionary went home, one went to the office, and we got one other missionary to come into our zone. Zone training and interviews are this week, so it will be interesting, as usual. They are always awesome!

I also have to say that I'm doing the 90 day Book of Mormon Challenge, on top of all of my other studying, and I'm currently half way done with it, and it has been an eye opener. I've learned so much this time reading it through, and it is interesting to be reading from two different places in the Book of Mormon and to see all the parallel lines between the two places.

Also, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to hear from Elder Bednar, he is coming to talk to the missionaries in SACTM, and from Bishop Stephenson for a special fireside. I love it.

As another note, Mom, you could write about having two missionaries in Africa and you might get the opportunity to have them talk about the family in General Conference. That was such a cool talk (BTW).

That is about it for this week, so till later

0 comments:

Post a Comment