Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 30 - Fred the Dummy

1:05 PM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, this week was awesome! To say the least. I wish that I could have more weeks like this one. It started off as a pretty slow week, we had a few appointments that were good, and it just seemed slow. The weather was grey and cloudy and the likes, but we kept busy. Then for some reason, all of our appointments from Thursday on canceled. So we had absolutely no appointments Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Lots of tracting and working with less active members, and service projects were undertaken to fill up our time. It was fun and we felt really productive.

On Saturday, we did a little bit of a photo shoot which led to other things, but one of them was making a dummy that was life size. His name is Fred. We had a really fun time taking him and putting him in the boot (trunk) of the car, and then asking one of the members if he knew how to hide a dead body. He thought we were joking until he saw the 'body' in the car. He jerked back and muttered a few things and it took him a little bit to realize that it was just a dummy. His face was priceless, and I wish that I had taken pictures of that, but I didn't. I did however take pictures with Elder Heaton, Fred and I. Fun times that I'm going to remember for the rest of my mission.





And then on Sunday, we had the opportunity to hear from Bishop Stevenson and his wife. It was awesome and informative about the church and working together. There were a lot of things that I learned that I'm going to put into play in my daily life here as a missionary. So cool, and so much to learn. I'm kinda mad that we didn't get to go to Cape Town for the missionary meeting. They only let the missionaries that lived within a two hour driving radius go to the meeting. But I heard that it was good, and I wasn't there for it. Bummer. Maybe next time.

As far as sending stuff goes, the post office is on strike here in SA, so it takes a while for things to get here. Packages still get here, and it takes anywhere between two to four weeks for things to get here. I can't think of things right off of the top of my head, but I'll let you know when and if I think of anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment