Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 32 - Transfers?

2:46 PM Posted by Janette No comments
So the week of transfer news is here! And survey says.... I'll tell you later :P be patient.

This week has been up and down, I wish that it had been a lot better, but things happen that way, and we have to deal with it. We had an alright week as far as teaching went, but it was an even better week with working with members.

We also got the chance to go on exchanges with the zone leaders. That was really fun and such because I got to go with Elder Hixon, and go to go spend the day running errands and spent the rest of the day in the Walmer Township. It was fun, I miss serving in township areas, But I'll get one soon in the future.

As far as the weather goes, It is starting to get hot, summer is here. And it is getting roasting..... Bleh. I don't want to do anything. It is not as hot as it is at home, but it is super humid. Something that I'm not looking forward to. I've decided that I'm going to die with it. I don't do humidity well at all.

There is a lot of crime here, especially after dark, and that is one of the reasons that almost all of the missionaries have cars here. So that we can get out quickly if we need to. I haven't needed to use it to get out quick yet, but I can see where it might come in handy. Don't be worried about me, Mom, it is all good, and if anything does happen, then we have one of the biggest networks in the world watching over us.

As dark goes, Eskom, the government run power company has had some issues with power, from what I've heard, one of the main coal hoppers failed, and has resulted in them doing a bunch of load shedding, basically, rolling blackouts. This past week, we only had our lights on two nights, but we do have them on in the morning. So there Nate, there you go. And we don't have a dryer, we do clothes the good old fashioned way. So Nate, One UPed!

As for family history, yes, we are doing a fair amount of family history because it is something that we can use to help people become more interested in the church, because it is the biggest hobby in the world right now, so we are going to ride the coat tails of that train. I have found a bunch of people, and submitted a few names to the temple, so that has been cool. And we have found a bunch of cool third party applications to use in family history. (we found them at familysearch.org/products) My only wish is that we had more time that we could do family history. It is awesome, and so much fun to work on.

So here is the news that you have been waiting for. I am getting transferred to ...... Port Alfred! Which is a ways away from everybody. It is one of the ones that is out in the middle of nowhere, so it will be just me and my companion there. So area three, here I come! It will be sad, I enjoy the area here, but I'm excited at the same time to go on to a new adventure. It really is bittersweet.

Love you all, until next week

0 comments:

Post a Comment