Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 33 - Port Alfred!

1:03 PM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, this week has been up and down, but mostly up. Wednesday was the big day when I said goodbye to Elder Heaton and said hello to my new companion, Elder Branch. He is from Stansbury Park, and then went to Dixie to play baseball for a year before coming out on mission. It has been way fun to be with him so far. It is also fun because I am doing follow up training with him. President loves me because he is sticking me with a bunch of young companions who want to work, and I love it!

Port Alfred is really amazing! It is right on the beach front, and we aren't allowed to go there, which is a bummer, because beaches are fun to play on. But I'll wait until I get home. I also found out that PA is a summer resort town, which means that there will be a lot of people coming in during the holiday season, but that also means that nobody wants to see us. Mom, yes, PA does have township. Two of them actually, and a few others nearby that we work in as well. The ones in PA are called 'Location' and the other is 'Station Hill'. Basically, Location is the poor one, and station hill, is the nicer one. Even though it is right across the road. The other ones are in Bathurst, Kenton-on-Sea, and Alexandria. Plus a bunch of informal settlements everywhere. But I do have to say, PA is SMALL. I miss the big city feel of PE. But I'll be here for a while. Possibly even for Christmas. It will be fun in any case. I already love it here, even though I've been here for just a few days. The branch here is small, and I'll send pics next week when I have a better computer. (As it is right now, I'm using gmail in basic html mode, which I don't like at all.... >:( )

The area is cool, and fun, but not much to do, besides teach. Teaching here is on fire, and we want to make it bigger and better! I'm excited for this new transfer!

Until next week

0 comments:

Post a Comment