Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 53 - Easter Monday

8:18 PM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, this week has been awesome! It has been such an amazing time to work with all the members and to get to meet with and teach our investigators.

The reason I'm emailing on Tuesday, and not on Monday is that our entire country was enjoying a Public Holiday yesterday, which means that all the email shops were closed... I don't like that when I don't get to email. So here I am today, writing a quick email before I have to go to an appointment at noon. Yesterday, we went with all the youth and hiked Paarl rock and Gordons rock. Both were awesome, and the youth were so cool. All of them made it to the top and all had a fun time


Also this week, I celebrated by year mark. Wierd is all I have to say. I don't feel like I've been out a year. But this means that there are only a bunch of once more on missions left, e.g., only one more general conference, only one more birthday, only one more mothers day, only one more chirstmas, only one more new years. So Flipping WIERD.... I don't want to end my mission, It is so fun, but at the same time, I can't wait to be home again. I love the chance that I have to serve here and help and teach the people here.

Mom, you asked what we do on P-Day, well, since we are kind of in darkness, not quite outer darkness, we basically do what we can! Mostly it involves hiking or biking or physical activities. We are just over an hours drive away from Cape Town, and are only allowed to go there once a transfer, because the KM's are to far. So I've been spending most of my mission as what we would say here, "in banishment'. :) It has been fun, and I've loved it!

Well, I'm going to keep it nice and short this week, I have to go teaching now! :D

Love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment