Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 58 - Mother's Day Skype

12:37 PM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, Skyping was really really nice! I really love getting the chance to talk to home. I love that time of the year!



Also, church on Sunday was amazing! It was really full. We had over 130 people there and it was amazing to see all the people that decided to come for mothers day. Also this week, we had another crazy week and it was busy as could be. I love being a missionary here and getting the chance that I have right now to work with the people that are around us, and also my companions! They are awesome, that is all I have to say.

Switching gears, on Thursday, we had zone conference with all the missionaries in Cape Town, and Elder Evans of the First Quorum of the 70, who is the current Executive Director of the Missionary Department, was the presenter for us. It was really amazing, and I learned a lot about missionary work and some of the finer things that the Missionary Department has to deal with on a global level, as well as ways that we can improve our mission, and ourselves right now. I loved it and it was such a great day! (These are some times that I really love being a missionary! :D)


In other news, MIRACLES HAPPEN, EVERY DAY!!! It was really amazing to see miracles happen in our week, and to see even little things that help not only us, but also investigators and members. It really is amazing to see, and to be a part of some of them. Also, celebrating birthdays is awesome! Especially when the members don't think that you know when their birthday is. Missionary power right there. All we do is ask the ward clerk. It really has been an amazing week, and Skyping home was the cherry on top of it all.

I have to second what Nate said about The Book of Mormon. Read it. It changes lives, and there really is nothing better that seeing somebody light up about what they read, and how they have seen it bless their life. It is such a simple thing, but it has Eternal Consequences. Heavenly Father blesses us not for how much we read, but the simple fact that we did read, and that we made the effort to read. I love it and it is amazing. The Book of Mormon has definitely changed me and my life, and I have seen it change so many other people's lives. So let it change yours!

I love you all,
Till next week

0 comments:

Post a Comment