Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 64 - Don't Miss the Atonement

10:24 AM Posted by Janette No comments
Well, this week has been fun. I totally realize that I could leave it like that and leave everybody in suspense of what really happened. But really, this week was amazing. So I studied the atonement and a ton of what is associated with it, and I have grown and learnt a lot this week. Basically long story short, I have a new view of the Savior and what He did for me. And then this week, that boiled over into teaching and it was so cool to see. So it goes something like this, we were in a lesson with a less active, and we were talking about the atonement. And suddenly he sits up and says something along the lines of, 'So when I miss the Sacrament, I miss the Atonement. And then I just leave Christ hanging on the Cross.' Wow! It hit me and it was totally amazing to see him take the atonement into his life. So yeah, that was basically how my week went. It was just another crazy hectic missionary week. I love it though, and I'm not sure how I'm going to adjust when I get back home, but I'll find a way.

And seeing as it was fathers day yesterday, Happy Fathers Day! It was a little different here in SA, but it is still fathers day and it is still celebrated here, not as big as it is in the states, but it is still here.

I love being a missionary and all that it entails, and wouldn't trade it for any other experience! Hope you all have a great week.

Love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment